originally posted at this link: https://www.marinij.com/2019/10/18/treasures-and-fashion-at-fall-pop-ups-you-wont-want-to-miss/
Treasures and fashion at fall pop-ups you won’t want to miss
For many years, designer Sudha Pennathur has had annual sales and for the past nine years she has presented her pop-up shop, Sudha’s Treasures, at the Corte Madera Town Center. That’s where you’ll find the of Tiburon resident’s popular holiday gifts, usually found only in fashionable national stores, at a steep discount — 50% to 75% off their retail prices.
And, when shoppers shop at her pop-up, they are also supporting local charities; all proceeds from this year’s Sudha’s Treasures are earmarked for Whistlestop, Marin Villages and Marin Symphony.
“It should be a shoppers delight,” Pennathur says.
Here’s some of the pop-up’s perennial bestsellers:
• Jewelry, including many one-of-a-kind pieces, from $60 to $2,000.
• Hand-printed, hand-embroidered scarves in silk and cotton from $15 to $45.
• Unique Christmas ornaments, featured exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, from $2 to $15.
• Handwoven wool shawls that are sold in some fine United States museums, from $75 to $300.
• Diverse gifts such as handpainted boxes and bronze sculptures from $15 to $20.
• Details: Sudha’s Treasures pop-up shop is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 2 through 17 at 325 Town Center, next to Crate & Barrel, in Corte Madera. A VIP reception, open to the public, is from 3 to 7 p.m. Nov. 9. For more information, go to pennathur.com.
PJ Bremier writes on home, garden, design and entertaining topics every Saturday and also on her blog at DesignSwirl.co. She may be contacted at P.O. Box 412, Kentfield 94914, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.